Thursday, September 15, 2011

Winter's Darling



Break forth in song, all you rabid life breathers!

I'll break forth in solitude. 
Life lived alone seems almost a farce. 
If a heart breaks and no one is around to hear it, does it still make a sound? 
Thank the Creator for skin to touch, lips to taste, and breath to feel.
Nothing seems real without your feet on my floor. 
You, who are so present in my past, now, and future. 
Your eyes burn a woman-shaped hole in my chest.
A woman as flesh and bone as can be. 
A sensual offering from a God who owns love.
Shove my face close to the wall! 
I can't see at all, and through that I will find focus. 
Your hands seem to know this dance all to well, but I can't tell if you are trying to dock or sail. 
Most of us are either reaching for the wheel, or sleeping in parked cars.
I hope that the randomness of my love for your warm stare does not deter your ability to shatter my confidence and bolster my esteem. 
You, you, you. 
I'll do this for you. 
"This" being a never ending list of chores, adventures, pains, and deaths that would fit nicely in a request, 
Rolling off your life filled lips and seeping ever deeper into my ear.

Ask me a question, winter's darling.

The answer is written on my sleeve.

No comments:

Post a Comment